Gallock Wedge Lock Washers
Gallock Wedge Lock Washers consists of two identical flat washers which have a set of cams on one side and a radial knurling on the other. These two washers are supplied glued together, in order to avoid any orientation mistake during assembly.
How they work
- Wedge shaped surface on the inside of the lock washers, radial teeth on the outside
- Interlocking embedding of the radial teeth with the respective mating surface (When the bolt is tightened)
- System movement only possible between the inside washer surfaces, allowing the securing system to readjust itself automatically
- Increase in clamping force
- This unique cam system uses tension to create high force in a fastened joint that is subjected to vibrations
- Particularly suitable for dynamic loads
- Very easy to install & remove
- Also suitable for high‐tensile bolts of 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9 and their respective nuts
- These can be re‐used with no reduction in function or quality
- Locking function is not affected by any kind of lubrication.
- Secures fastening joint at comparatively low pre‐load with respect to other securing options