Complete solutions sold
Everything you need, all in one place
Free shipping on all UK order over £80 Order must value £80+VAT including delivery
ORDER ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE:
+44 (0)1604 499 332
NS-V-TR-8-250 Variable Force Traction Gas Strut
- 6 + £60.28
- 20 + £50.76
- 50 + £44.42
- 100 +Contact Us
Product codeProduct DescriptionStock Status
- NS-V-TR-8-250NS-V-TR-8-250 Variable Force Traction Gas Strut5 - 25
- B5-10SBall Joint End Fitting with 8mm Thread full range-M8-18mm-1050+
- B7-10SBall Joint End Fitting with 8mm Thread full range-M8-25mm-1050+
- B9Ball Joint End Fitting with 8mm Thread full range-M8-18mm-1350+
- B10Ball Joint End Fitting with 8mm Thread full range-M8-20mm-1350+
- B11Ball Joint End Fitting with 8mm Thread full range-M8-25mm-1350+
- B12Ball Joint End Fitting with 8mm Thread full range-M8-30mm-1350+
- E6Eye End Fittings with 8mm Thread full range-8mm-18mm50+
- E7Eye End Fittings with 8mm Thread full range-8mm-20mm50+
- E8Eye End Fittings with 8mm Thread full range-8mm-22mm50+
- E9Eye End Fittings with 8mm Thread full range-8.5mm-25mm50+
- E10Eye End Fittings with 8mm Thread full range-8mm-30mm50+
- C2Clevis Fork with 8mm Thread C250+
- RE10Rose Eye End Fitting with 8mm Thread50+
- BRK-1BRK-1 10mm Right Angle Bracket with 32mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-2BRK-2 10mm Circular Bracket with 20mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-3BRK-3 10mm Triangular Bracket with 22.5mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-4BRK-4 10mm Circular Bracket with 41mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-4ABRK-4A 13mm Circular Bracket with 41mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-5BRK-5 10mm Right Angle Bracket with 26mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-052-LBRK-052-L 10mm Internal Right Angle Bracket with 50.6mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-052-RBRK-052-R 10mm External Right Angle Bracket with 50.6mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-6BRK-6 10mm Internal Right Angle Bracket with 38mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-6ABRK-6A 13mm Internal Right Angle Bracket with 38mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-6RBRK-6R 10mm External Right Angle Bracket with 38mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-6R-ABRK-6RA 13mm External Right Angle Bracket with 38mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-7BRK-7 10mm Triangular Bracket with 55mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-7ABRK-7A 13mm Triangular Bracket with 55mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-10BRK-10 10mm Triangular Bracket with 32mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-4BBRK-4B 8mm Circular Bracket with 41mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-7BBRK-7B 8mm Triangular Bracket with 55mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-8BRK-8 8mm U Shaped Bracket with 50mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-8-90BRK-8-90 8mm U Shaped Bracket with 51mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-12BRK-12 10mm Right Angle Bracket with 55mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-12ABRK-12A 13mm Right Angle Bracket with 55mm Fixing CentresLow in stock
- BRK-12-NBBRK-12-NB 8mm Eye Right Angle Bracket with 55mm Fixing Centres50+
- BRK-12RBRK-12R 10mm Right Angle Bracket with 55mm Fixing CentresLow in stock
- C2CLIPC2CLIP 8mm Clevis Fork Clip50+
|Force Range||50 - 600N|
For standard compression gas struts we advise the use of ball joints to alleviate possible side loading, and uneven wearing of the piston rod/seals. Install the strut, piston rod down, for optimum lubrication of the guide and sealing system at all times. Always install the strut in its relaxed state. It is advisable to keep the strut in a single plane of movement. Failure to adhere to this advice may result in a reduced lifespan of the strut. Ensure that the end fittings are tightly fastened onto the thread of the gas struts prior to fitting. If the end fittings require aligning, the piston rod of the gas strut can rotate inside the body (cylinder). Place and hold the piston end fixing on a flat surface, grip the cylinder and firmly twist it until the end fitting is aligned correctly.
When utilising a bracket with a ball stud/end, the procedure to fit it to the relevant ball joint fitting is as follows:
- Remove the retaining clip from the ball socket by rotating it from around the collar of the socket, and then pull it out from the two locating holes.
- Ensure the ball socket is fully tightened onto the thread of the strut. Then, using a vice or pair of pliers, grip the ball stud and with a rotating motion, remove the ball stud from the socket.
- Fit the gas struts with the cylinder uppermost; this prevents oil escaping while venting, and keeps the internal seals lubricated for optimum lifespan.
- Using the allen key provided, undo the grub screw anti-clockwise a quarter turn and vent gas for 1 second, retightening the grub screw. Do not over tighten the grub screw.
- Repeat this process on the second gas strut, venting an equal amount. Only release the pressure in short bursts to avoid venting too much gas. Each 1 second burst will lower the force by approximately 20N - 50N depending on the range.
- Test the application by attempting to close the panel and repeat the venting process if the struts are still too powerful.
- Once the gas struts have been adjusted, gently brush the grub screw with washing up liquid. If gas can be seen bubbling through the liquid then the grub screw requires further tightening.
For advice on how to safely mount gas struts call our technical line: 01604 499332.
Gas struts are filled with high pressure nitrogen, they should be protected from damage; never open, modify, drill, weld or subject gas struts to excessive heat.